Purchasing a Domain From Boxmode
If you want to change your free *.boxmode.io domain name to something more professional and authoritative, you have two options:
- Buy a custom domain from a third-party registrar like GoDaddy, Hostinger, NameCheap, etc., and connect it to your Boxmode website for free using a domain mapping feature.
- Purchase a custom domain name directly from Boxmode.
How to buy a domain from Boxmode?
- Go to Project Settings in your dashboard.
- Click “Manage Domains” in the left sidebar and open the “Get Domain” tab.
- Search for available domains by entering the preferred name in the field (e.g., your personal name or brand name) and click “Search.”
- Select the domain name you like. Once you hover the cursor over the domain price tag, it will turn into a “Buy” button. Click it to proceed to checkout.
- Enter your billing information or select an already saved payment method. Then click “Submit payment.” You can read more about the checkout process here.
- If the payment is successful, you will see a corresponding notification, and your newly purchased domain name will become available in the “Connected domains” tab.
- You will then need to verify your email address by following the link you’ll find in your inbox (at the email address associated with your Boxmode account).
Please note: You have 15 days to confirm your email address. Unless you do it within the specified time, your domain name will be suspended following the regulations of the ICANN policy.
Your new domain will be automatically configured within 24-72 hours, and your published website will become available at this URL.
- Once the domain name is configured, set it as a primary domain. For this, click on the “Settings” icon next to the corresponding domain name and select “Set as Primary” in the contextual menu.
All our domains for any project come with a free Let’s Encrypt Authority X3 certificate.
Yes, it is. WHOIS privacy ensures that your personal information in the public WHOIS directory (such as name, email, address, and phone number) is hidden to prevent domain-related spam, domain hijacking, and malicious actions by stalkers and harassers.
You can buy a domain name with the following extensions: com, net, cc, me, xyz, site, online, click, club, company, shop, fun, store, best, biz, business, cool, help, info, life, live, name, org, pictures, plus, pro, today, top, vip, website, world, work.
The prices range from $14 to $60, depending on the domain extension.
In this case, you have two options: disable the automatic renewal and let your domain subscription expire or transfer your domain to another provider.
By default, automatic domain renewal is enabled. To disable it, go to the Dashboard > Subscriptions, click on the “Settings” icon on the corresponding subscription card, and hit “Cancel.” You will still be able to use this domain name until the subscription expires, but you won’t be charged on the renewal date.
If you want to enable automatic renewal again, complete the same steps as described above and click “Renew.”
Boxmode provides one free domain name with the boxmode.io extension per project.
You can also get a free custom domain with extensions such as .com, .cc, .top, and others once you purchase the Basic Annual subscription plan. See more details here.
At the moment, this option is not available. But you can contact our support team, and they will help you find the solution.
No, currently, you can’t.
Yes, you can buy and connect as many domain names as you want to your project.
A primary domain is a URL to which visitors will be redirected when coming to your website and which will be displayed in the URL bar of the browser once the website loads.
To set a primary domain, go to Project Settings > Manage domains > Connected domains. Then click on the “Settings” icon on the corresponding domain card and select “Set as Primary” in the contextual menu.
Ready to try it yourself?