GoDaddy is one of the popular domain registrars. If you have a GoDaddy domain name, you can easily connect it to your Boxmode-based project with the Lite or Growth plan. Let’s look at this process in detail.
- Open the GoDaddy website and log in to your account.
- In the list of your domains, click the ellipsis icon in the box with the domain name you need and then hit Manage DNS.
- Set the DNS record type: A (a host address,) AAAA (an IPv6 host address), and CNAME (a canonical name for an alias) by copy-pasting the values displayed in your project’s settings.
You can find detailed information on locating the required values for your project in our Connecting a Custom Domain article.
- First, edit the A record.
- Then, in the Host field, enter the @ symbol.
- In the Points to field, insert the value copied from the A record line of your project’s settings.
Following the same pattern, set the AAAA record and CNAME. For CNAME, specify the Host as www.
Each entry must include no more than one A, AAAA, and CNAME record.
4) After successfully setting up the DNS records on GoDaddy, return to the project’s settings. Enter your domain name in the www.example.com format, verify it, and connect it to the project.
It may take up to 72 hours for the new DNS settings to take effect. However, you can instantly connect a custom domain to your Boxmode website and monitor its status in the Connected Domains tab.
A successfully connected domain will appear in the Connected Domains tab. Once all the DNS settings take effect, you can set the newly added domain as primary.
We recommend you use a “www” prefix in your primary domain name. Otherwise, Boxmode can’t guarantee the uninterrupted operation of your network, for example, in case of a DDOS attack.
If you see the “A/AAAA/CNAME not found. Make sure to set the following A/AAAA/CNAME: the value” error notification for more than 72 hours, please double-check the DNS settings on the GoDaddy website. Also, you can watch our Setting up a custom domain with Boxmode webinar, where we show the process based on connecting the GoDaddy domain name.
If you are sure you configured everything correctly, please contact our customer support team.
We hope this article helped you understand how you can connect a GoDaddy domain name to your Boxmode project.
Now, it’s time to manage your domain in the builder.Manage Domains