Advanced Link Settings
By optimizing your website according to search engines’ requirements, you can get many benefits, such as:
- Boosting your online visibility;
- Getting quality traffic to your site;
- Promoting brand;
- Generating a higher ROI (return on investment), and others.
With Boxmode, you can adjust basic SEO settings for the entire project and for each page separately. Learn how to do this from our SEO Settings for Page and Project article.
We also added advanced link settings for your website security, privacy, and search engine ranking improvement. Advanced link settings include nofollow, noreferrer, and noopener rel attributes that allow search engines to understand the type of linking between two or more pages. As a result, the pages will be indexed correctly. Advanced link settings are available with the Growth paid plan. Let’s look at them in detail.
Nofollow, noreferrer, and noopener values
- Nofollow: This attribute restricts search engines from crawling the linked page from a linking site. Use the nofollow attribute when you don’t want to pass page rank (the so-called link juice) or validate a particular link.
- Noopener: It prevents the linked page from gaining access to the page containing this link. It improves website security: if a site you link to has malicious code, noopener doesn’t let it change your referring page for data theft or malicious code distribution.
- Noreferrer: This attribute prevents passing the referrer information to the target site. Use this attribute on outgoing links when you don’t want sites to know that you link to them.
Setting up the advanced link settings
Select a word or phrase on the page where you want to add the link and press the Edit button on the appeared editing toolbar. Next, paste the URL in the corresponding field and turn on a toggle button(s) with a given attribute(s) in the Advanced link settings section.
If you want to learn more about editing texts on your website, read our Inline Editor Overview article.
We hope this article helped you understand how you can set up advanced link settings.
Try the advanced functionality yourself.